Steinmayer S108 Upright Piano
“Steinmayer S108 Upright Piano Best entry level piano”
“ A good standard piano,which is nicely balanced,has an even action, a good sound and a warm tone. It is way better than the entry level Yamaha” Julien Joseph – Jazz pianist, composer and broadcaster.
“Six of the best pianos”. 2006
“One of the best entry level pianos”
Voted “Best selling Chinese piano”
MI Pro magazine retail survey
“Best entry level piano”
“10 Best Pianos” 2010
Steinmayer S108 Upright Piano Specs
- Chinese Spruce soundboard
- German manufactured steel and copper strings
- Key action deigned by Lothar Schell
- Japanese Imadegewa hammerheads and felts
- 22 ply German beechwood pinblock
- With a rounded full tone and light touch, the Steinmayer S108 Upright Piano is the ideal choice for the young beginner. Its compact size gives a generous sound whilst its contemporary cabinet makes this piano an attractive addition to any modern home.
Steinmayer S108 Upright Piano available in Black Polish, Dark Mahogany Polish and Mahogany Polish.
- Height 108cm
- Width 143cm
- Depth 57cm
- Weight 198kg
S108 Mark 2 Series
Designed and engineered by the German piano maker Lother Schell, known for his work with both Ibach of Germany & Young Chang of South Korea, Steinmayer pianos are manufactured by the Beijing Piano Company, founded in 1949 and now established as China’s second largest piano manufacturer.
BPC’s recently completed new factory, on the outskirts of Beijing, is one of the world’s largest and most modern piano manufacturing facilities, where, unlike most other piano makers they also make most of the parts for their pianos, ensuring greater control over quality, design & engineering.
In 1998 Steinmayer Pianos were awarded the ISO International Quality Certificate and now export to 68 countries worldwide. The Steinmayer Mark2 Series was introduced in 2000, with their high level technical specifications they have been long established as the best selling Chinese pianos in the UK & Ireland, with the Steinmayer S108 in particular being voted the best selling chinese model in the latest retail survey by the prestigious music trades magazine MI Pro.